"...Ya-be!"Shirakami Fubuki
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Vidya Games Thread

Negzana

Does the developer intend to make all holomems fighters or just ones with lore/kayfabe/memes suitable for combat?

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast
Does the developer intend to make all holomems fighters or just ones with lore/kayfabe/memes suitable for combat?
Just the whores (all)

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
PROGRESS05082023.png
I have taken a few days off here and there, so progress has been slower than usual. If that TVA server comes up and I get a decent PC in the future that allows me to play it and you guys need a dude who can do some mundane shit like this hit me up.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
View attachment 24202
I have taken a few days off here and there, so progress has been slower than usual. If that TVA server comes up and I get a decent PC in the future that allows me to play it and you guys need a dude who can do some mundane shit like this hit me up.
You shall be my workhorse, I will design the wondrous and magnificent monuments of the server (all of them about nene) and you shall toil away in the mines gathering resources to build them.
Nenechi Kensetsu will become a reality.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
I love how for a few pages this became a destiny2-shitting thread.

Especially crazy when you think about it, because about 90% of these animations were made before 2014 or 2017.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the lever action rifle (Dead Man's Tale) was a completely new type of gun and "exotic", so the animations should be completely new.
Also, I appreciate the detail of the animation actually putting 2 rounds in the mag each time (and adding it up correctly to the ammo counter), it's a shame they nerfed it into the ground for the sake of PVP.

:Trials woes:
Grinding and Adept Immortal? I have several regular ones and I don't feel I'm at a disadvantage because it's not "adept".

It's weird not seeing any bitching about the new Honkai game over here. What's up with that?

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Maybe I'm wrong, but the lever action rifle (Dead Man's Tale) was a completely new type of gun and "exotic", so the animations should be completely new.
Also, I appreciate the detail of the animation actually putting 2 rounds in the mag each time (and adding it up correctly to the ammo counter), it's a shame they nerfed it into the ground for the sake of PVP.
In its heyday it was The PvE Gun for me, just like Recluse and IKELOS_SMG were in their times. Great at both long and close ranges, and capable of doing surprisingly good major/boss damage once you ramped up to 5 stacks of the buff and hip-fired for higher RPM.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
So, going back to D2 (I promise I'm dropping it for a while after this)
Besides Froot and Yuri/Nano, are there any good D2 vtubers that are into PVE content? (GM, Raiding, etc)

Has anyone tried "IXION"? It's a colony builder and it popped up in my steam recommendations. I usually like to play colony builders during D2 seasonal downtime.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
it's a shame they nerfed it into the ground for the sake of PVP.
1683653952939.png
Well, now you've got a legendary scout that drops from Spire Of The Watcher that shares that animation set and feel, but with good PVE perks. Only real downside is that it goes in the energy slot.

I hate that Cranial Spike got nerfed in fucking PVP, because it went from a perk that did something to a perk that does nothing on PC, because they also made the hipfire on it just shit out gray numbers on headshots sometimes, just like Last Word. Hate how hipfire works on PC in general, because on controller you can just miss the head by half a crosshair and it'll still count, on M&K you can be dead on and it doesn't count.

Negzana

How is Aki in Idol Showdown? If I am playing the game might play as her as she's my favorite chuuba in the roster at the moment.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
How is Aki in Idol Showdown? If I am playing the game might play as her as she's my favorite chuuba in the roster at the moment.
I've heard she's one of those characters that seem weak but a good player can turn them into an absolute killing machine, she's got great spacing and a spamable teleport.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
If I list some of my favourite games would you guys be kind enough to drop me some recommendations? I'm mostly looking for older, lesser known CRPG's at this point but I'll take anything, I've got a long weekend. I'm generally not a fan of meta commentary in games and I like them to have a more serious tone. For example I think Borderlands 1 is much better than the others because the characters are dumb motherfuckers but don't acknowledge it. As soon as someone stops the flow of the narrative to comment on cliches or tropes or make referential jokes I check out, looking at you post-Cataclysm WoW.
And also feel free to make fun of my shit taste
Neverwinter Nights 1+2
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Divinity 1+2
Torchlight 2
Final Fantasy 1,3,4,5,6,9 and 12
Pathfinder: Kingmaker (And Wrath to a lesser extent)
Wasteland 2, 3
Shadowrun Dragonfall/Hong Kong
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (Early 00's goth/urban punk is peak aesthetic)
Deus Ex
XCOM(All of them)
Marathon 1,2
Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach
Sins of a Solar Empire
Odd one out: Sonic 3+Knuckles (I love floating islands, sprawling ruins of forgotten civilisations and crystal lined caves prease understandu)
I recently played Disco Elysium. It's a little heavy handed in places, but I thought it was enjoyable for what it was. It's also on sale for $10 on Steam until tomorrow.

If you're a fan of ruins and lost civilizations, I will never pass up an opportunity to shill Outer Wilds. It's a space exploration game which doubles as a "Why is shit happening like this" detective investigation game. Do yourself a favor though and go into this one as absolutely blind as possible.

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
I recently played Disco Elysium. It's a little heavy handed in places, but I thought it was enjoyable for what it was. It's also on sale for $10 on Steam until tomorrow.

If you're a fan of ruins and lost civilizations, I will never pass up an opportunity to shill Outer Wilds. It's a space exploration game which doubles as a "Why is shit happening like this" detective investigation game. Do yourself a favor though and go into this one as absolutely blind as possible.
OW is definitely on my list, good rec. DE I couldn't get into but I was smoking enough weed to stun a horse back then so my brain was probably too fried to appreciate it.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

IdenticalPlateaus

DE I couldn't get into but I was smoking enough weed to stun a horse back then so my brain was probably too fried to appreciate it.
Did you try before it got full voice acting? I found it a lot easier to parse when I wasn't staring at walls of text for most of it.

Last edited:

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
Did you try before it got full voice acting? I found it a lot easier to parse when I wasn't staring at walls of text for most of it.
Yeah, pre-VA. I've still got it on Steam, I might as well take another swing.
Give it a play. It's easily in my top 3 games of all time list, and this is from an old timer who grew up in the NES era.
Just bought it on Steam, wish me luck!

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Man I recommend Outer Wilds for the soundtrack alone. So much good tracks with space venturing vibes and a really heartwarming track that will hit different when you play it.

Glad a friend of mine encouraged me to try it a few years back. One of few games that got me thinking about stuff.

I think there's some geezer here who have played it before, but the original creator of Elona (a japanese roguelike game) recently did a kickstarter for his new game that's set to be a prequel to Elona called Elin.

I've been following it for a few years and it's come a long way in progress and does have a demo showing the framework of it right now.

If you haven't tried Elona yet, I say take a look at Sseth video first.

Really fun weird game with a dedicated fanbase. that continue to make new content for it to this day. While the creator works on his new game.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Man I recommend Outer Wilds for the soundtrack alone. So much good tracks with space venturing vibes and a really heartwarming track that will hit different when you play it.

Glad a friend of mine encouraged me to try it a few years back. One of few games that got me thinking about stuff.
TFW you hear that track play and rethink everything all over again
pngfind.com-sad-pepe-png-73311.png

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
If I list some of my favourite games would you guys be kind enough to drop me some recommendations? I'm mostly looking for older, lesser known CRPG's at this point but I'll take anything, I've got a long weekend. I'm generally not a fan of meta commentary in games and I like them to have a more serious tone. For example I think Borderlands 1 is much better than the others because the characters are dumb motherfuckers but don't acknowledge it. As soon as someone stops the flow of the narrative to comment on cliches or tropes or make referential jokes I check out, looking at you post-Cataclysm WoW.
And also feel free to make fun of my shit taste
Neverwinter Nights 1+2
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Divinity 1+2
Torchlight 2
Final Fantasy 1,3,4,5,6,9 and 12
Pathfinder: Kingmaker (And Wrath to a lesser extent)
Wasteland 2, 3
Shadowrun Dragonfall/Hong Kong
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (Early 00's goth/urban punk is peak aesthetic)
Deus Ex
XCOM(All of them)
Marathon 1,2
Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach
Sins of a Solar Empire
Odd one out: Sonic 3+Knuckles (I love floating islands, sprawling ruins of forgotten civilisations and crystal lined caves prease understandu)

I'm going to spitball a few as well that I think are worth that I enjoyed in the past and present, presuming some you may have played:

Baldur's Gate Enhanced 1 + 2
Planescape Torment
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands (AD&D, ancient motherfucker)
Solasta: Crown of the Magister
Underrail
Satellite Reign
Encased
Jagged Alliance 2
Grim Dawn
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Nox
Endless Space 1 + 2
Octopath Traveler 1 + 2
Bravely Default 2 (if only the others were also ported to PC)

I think there's some geezer here who have played it before, but the original creator of Elona (a japanese roguelike game) recently did a kickstarter for his new game that's set to be a prequel to Elona called Elin.

b r u h

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
My apologies, I should've done my reps more and known there is TWO geezers here who played Elona before. :smugpipi:

But for real there's several good roguelike games out there I enjoyed. Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, Darkest Dungeon, Streets of Rogue is a really fun wacky one especially with friends, FTL, Risk of Rain 2, dwarf fortress if you're AARP qualified :smugpipi: , and etc. It's a pretty diverse genre with something out there you enjoy if you want something to sink into or just dabble a little time in.

another game I recommend if you like Asian mechs is M.A.S.S Builder [Insert pippa mold joke here]

really deep mech customization, from choosing material/color of a piece, Several pieces you can change and customize, decals, addons to give more flair, weapon customization, and a stat system that also affects your gameplay when you do missions. Example of this, is if you don't have a strong chassis and just put heavy pieces on your guys, you're going to feel the effect of the weight during combat.
Mass_Builder_SteamStorePage_ArmorCustomNew (1).gif
glimpse of the weapon customization too.
dawdawds.png
made the ballistic gun a gatling one with a rod at the end to mimic a big ass suppressor.
Godzilla is smelly.png
Currently on SALE too right now!

Top Bottom