"I don't feel dumb when I'm naked! I just don't want to be naked in front of other people; If I'm alone in my own place I will wear as little clothing as I possibly can"Fujikura Uruka
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Vidya Games Thread

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Fuck yes. They finally announced the release date for the Tomba remake! Only a month and a half left!

Now I just need Dragon Quest III HD-2D.
Edit: Oh, damn. Looks like the reason it's taking so long might be because they're doing the whole trilogy.

I had this one (Tomba!) for the PS1 and then later rebought it on the PS Vita.

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
I wish FTL had been a little bit more... expansive, I guess? Yeah it's randomly generated but after a few runs most stuff will start to play out the same. I also don't really like the ending fight with the Flagship very much.

That game feels like stage 1 of a much bigger game, but you just never get to pay stage 2. Too bad too, I actually like the core gameplay and setting quite a bit.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
I wish FTL had been a little bit more... expansive, I guess? Yeah it's randomly generated but after a few runs most stuff will start to play out the same. I also don't really like the ending fight with the Flagship very much.

That game feels like stage 1 of a much bigger game, but you just never get to pay stage 2. Too bad too, I actually like the core gameplay and setting quite a bit.
FTL's a game that really benefits from being used as a mod platform rather than being played vanilla. The base stuff just feels like an introduction by comparison.

chihirogumi

I'm sure some of you know this guy by now, but gonna shill him for the ignorant because Steve is an actual useful journalist unlike 98% of the freaks and losers that occupy the games/technology journo sphere. I personally doubt Asus will change their ways since they've been scummy for decades, but I love the way he holds their feet to the fire so who knows.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Finally got around to playing Talos Principle and beat the game. Fantastic puzzle game but some of those stars were absolutely bullshit.
The Messenger ending is actually pretty shitty in the grand scope of the story. The Gate ending is obviously shit because you did the least amount of work and you effectively failed to become independent. The Messenger is suppose to be the "best" ending because it requires doing everything but it falls into the same issue as the Gate ending. Meanwhile the Tower ending actually feels like you succeeding as it was the point of the game. There's no reason to become the Messenger and guide others along because once one person achieves the Tower ending, the simulation ends. Not to mention that whole puzzle section at the end with Shepherd helping you while Samsara trying to sabotage you feels far more impactful like the culmination of everything you worked towards.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Finally got around to playing Talos Principle and beat the game. Fantastic puzzle game but some of those stars were absolutely bullshit.
The Messenger ending is actually pretty shitty in the grand scope of the story. The Gate ending is obviously shit because you did the least amount of work and you effectively failed to become independent. The Messenger is suppose to be the "best" ending because it requires doing everything but it falls into the same issue as the Gate ending. Meanwhile the Tower ending actually feels like you succeeding as it was the point of the game. There's no reason to become the Messenger and guide others along because once one person achieves the Tower ending, the simulation ends. Not to mention that whole puzzle section at the end with Shepherd helping you while Samsara trying to sabotage you feels far more impactful like the culmination of everything you worked towards.
It's one of my favorite games. The first one anyway, the second one got a little lost in the sauce for me. There is also an absurd amount of easter eggs and secrets in the first game.

UberSoldat

Talos is a wonderful little game, something you'd never expect from the devs of Serious Sam.

God's Strongest Dragoon

It's one of my favorite games. The first one anyway, the second one got a little lost in the sauce for me. There is also an absurd amount of easter eggs and secrets in the first game.
If I play the second one, it won't be for a while because I'm currently just taking a hammer to my huge backlog of games on Steam. That and I'm a little burnt out for now from doing the stars, that shit was totally not worth it. I also accidentally discovered like 2 of the Easter Eggs just by backing up against a wall while looking around the environment.
Talos is a wonderful little game, something you'd never expect from the devs of Serious Sam.
The opening puzzles wasn't something I thought I'd like, with all the jammers and weird stuff. However as the complexity of the puzzles developed, it really got interesting. I was surprised by how many puzzles they managed to include. I thought it was going to be like half that size when I started.

VSoyBoy

Probably one of the last Switch 1 directs is happening tomorrow. Last hurrah for this years "E3" season as well.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Probably one of the last Switch 1 directs is happening tomorrow. Last hurrah for this years "E3" season as well.

I'm not expecting any mainline stuff that hasn't already been announced. They'll probably save the next major flagship titles (Mario, Zelda, etc) for the successor. Not only that, but I'll bet you money Metroid Prime 4 will be a launch title for the thing. It would explain why they completely scrapped and restarted development.

I'm expecting we'll see it announced finally at Tokyo Game Show. And for now, I won't be surprised if this is a slightly disappointing direct because of it.

Top Bottom