"Huh, a good size is like, 10 inches right? lol"Fujikura Uruka
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Vidya Games Thread

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Personally, I really liked the gameplay and QoL elements they shipped with Lightfall, but I hated the campaign. It was lazy, it shifted the focus from the main plot when tensions reached an all time high and they introduced two literal nobodies who you're supposed to empathize over the course of 5 missions. Last year's raid was miles better too.
I thought the story was a whatever-tier filler episode, but I liked the missions and campaign encounters much more than Witch Queen. Probably because my eyes glaze over if I have to fight the Scorn, plus I'm tired to death of Hive poopcaves and bone castles, fucking boomer knights on high ledges and boss fights that are just Wizards with autism. I thought Calus was a much better final boss fight, purely gameplay-wise, than whatever the fuck they tried to do with the 7 phase CBT session that was legend Savathun last year.

Now if only they'd do literally fucking anything at all for PVP that's not just slightly adjusting stats/numbers or cranking up the AIDS factor of their SBMM system.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I thought the story was a whatever-tier filler episode, but I liked the missions and campaign encounters much more than Witch Queen. Probably because my eyes glaze over if I have to fight the Scorn, plus I'm tired to death of Hive poopcaves and bone castles, fucking boomer knights on high ledges and boss fights that are just Wizards with autism. I thought Calus was a much better final boss fight, purely gameplay-wise, than whatever the fuck they tried to do with the 7 phase CBT session that was legend Savathun last year.

Now if only they'd do literally fucking anything at all for PVP that's not just slightly adjusting stats/numbers or cranking up the AIDS factor of their SBMM system.
your mistake is thinking you will get good PVP in an MMO.

Legit question why do people play these MMOs with the expectation the PVP will be focused on and fine tuned?

They are regularly treated as end game content to tide over capped players till the next content wave I don't understand feels like you would be better served a PVP focused game

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I thought Calus was a much better final boss fight, purely gameplay-wise, than whatever the fuck they tried to do with the 7 phase CBT session that was legend Savathun last year.
Counterpoint: The final Savathun fights didn't have death pits you were constantly in danger of being knocked into, there was useable cover, and you weren't being pushed into using an incomplete build w/o fragments or the exotics meant to support it.

Also the 2 big twists in WQ are just about the only time the present story being told in Destiny has ever been clever or decently executed.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
your mistake is thinking you will get good PVP in an MMO.

Legit question why do people play these MMOs with the expectation the PVP will be focused on and fine tuned?

They are regularly treated as end game content to tide over capped players till the next content wave I don't understand feels like you would be better served a PVP focused game
I don't expect it to be super fine tuned, balanced or truly competitive, I expect it to be fun. It's basically the Smash 4 of PVP shooters. Shit is unbalanced, wild, there's always a meta that's sometimes cancer, sometimes not, but it's fun, and there definitely is some kind of skill gap. Except now I can't even really play the mode I like, because I have top 7% stats or some shit, so I have to play against XingXingXiaoLing46504939, and 5 dudes whose names are in Gook runes, in almost every quickplay match, and play like I'm in a million dollar tournament to not go 5/25. I intentionally use meme guns because I find them fun, but I guess that's not enough to sandbag my rank to get me matches that don't have 200 ping, and at least 6 PingPings.

Really, I just want new maps, some new PVP loot that's not behind trials. And SBMM to go die in a fire.
Counterpoint: The final Savathun fights didn't have death pits you were constantly in danger of being knocked into, there was useable cover, and you weren't being pushed into using an incomplete build w/o fragments or the exotics meant to support it.

Also the 2 big twists in WQ are just about the only time the present story being told in Destiny has ever been clever or decently executed.
Yeah,but the Savathun fight had the phase where you have to fight her in the courtyard and hide in the two cuck sheds for minutes at a time while she shoots AOE attacks the door forever. And then you had to do the thread cutting part in her brain palace three times for some reason, after which point I was pretty checked out.

Yeah, the story in WQ was really good, and it is a really good expansion overall, but I've been around Bungie games long enough to come to terms with the fact that their storylines are almost always just a thinly veiled excuse to set up gameplay scenarios, and that you need to dig into the autismo lore for anything of value.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I don't expect it to be super fine tuned, balanced or truly competitive, I expect it to be fun. It's basically the Smash 4 of PVP shooters. Shit is unbalanced, wild, there's always a meta that's sometimes cancer, sometimes not, but it's fun, and there definitely is some kind of skill gap. Except now I can't even really play the mode I like, because I have top 7% stats or some shit, so I have to play against XingXingXiaoLing46504939, and 5 dudes whose names are in Gook runes, in almost every quickplay match, and play like I'm in a million dollar tournament to not go 5/25. I intentionally use meme guns because I find them fun, but I guess that's not enough to sandbag my rank to get me matches that don't have 200 ping, and at least 6 PingPings.

Really, I just want new maps, some new PVP loot that's not behind trials. And SBMM to go die in a fire.
can't you just intentionally tank your ranking? I used to do that because honestly i'm the same way.

Gonna out myself as a competitive pokemon player so you can all point and laugh at me.

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

Just be bad at the game not that ha- oh wait, it's Destiny. Well, good luck there.
Last time I enjoyed a match of PvP in Destiny was legit like, TTK or Rise of Iron days. Even then, it wasn't particularly great.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
can't you just intentionally tank your ranking? I used to do that because honestly i'm the same way.
Just be bad at the game not that ha- oh wait, it's Destiny. Well, good luck there.
Last time I enjoyed a match of PvP in Destiny was legit like, TTK or Rise of Iron days. Even then, it wasn't particularly great.
My brothers in Christ I've been using Last Word on mouse and keyboard and MIDA Multi Tool, exclusively, since TLW came out, and I JUST CAN'T SANDBAG HARD ENOUGH.

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I need to pimp my favorite (and last man standing against Tencent) ARPG:
Grim_Dawn_logo.png
Company Website
GOG
GrimTools (Online Resource)
GrimTools (Online Resource) (Offline Downloads)
GD Stash (AddOn)
Grim Internals (AddOn)
My Main
Sales Pitch:
Isometric ARPG (Diablo-Clone) by the creative team behind Titan Quest.
They're a small independent company that is not owned by Tencent.
It's a solid game.
But Godzilla, I hear you say, I love Diablo! Blizzard died a long time ago, dude. Let it go.
But Godzilla, I hear you say, I love Path of Exile!
Story time:
Screenshot_1.png
Tencent slowly bought out Grinding Gear Games, and when they had 51%, coincidentally just before the Tiananmen Square Massacre anniversary.
On that fateful day, anyone mentioning the massacre in global chat was banned.
Anyone mentioning it on the forums got banned.
At the end of the day, after the bans, they releases an updated EULA justifying the bans.
I closed my account and never looked back.
Fuck Grinding Gear Games and their yellow masters.

Last edited:

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I know it's CoD, but this caught my interest:

Why the hell is there an F2000 in a WW2 game? Like never mind the fact it's a gun from like, 2001, why the F2000 in particular?
Sledgehammer games are the weirdest motherfuckers in the CoD development crews.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Why the hell is there an F2000 in a WW2 game? Like never mind the fact it's a gun from like, 2001, why the F2000 in particular?

the literal justification is "advanced nazi tech"

don't think about it.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

They wanted to tease MW2 since the F2000 was in the 2009 one

Then they seemingly not included it in the remake
Iirc Advanced Warfare had a M1 Garand to tease WW2

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
They wanted to tease MW2 since the F2000 was in the 2009 one

Then they seemingly not included it in the remake
Iirc Advanced Warfare had a M1 Garand to tease WW2
Yet another Sledgehammer game, but Advanced Warfare at least gets a pass since it's at least possible.
Also... I wonder why the F2000? That's like, the one AR I didn't use in MW2. I guess it is the one gun that looks somewhat "futuristic", but still.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Also... I wonder why the F2000? That's like, the one AR I didn't use in MW2. I guess it is the one gun that looks somewhat "futuristic", but still.
Beats me, guess the ACR or Scar-H were not avilable for some reason

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
so in relation to my previous post, what are some cool reload animations you've seen? MW2019 has some pretty good ones.

I guess I could just ask for some cool animations in gaming in general, if ya got any. I love me some good animations.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
so in relation to my previous post, what are some cool reload animations you've seen? MW2019 has some pretty good ones.

I guess I could just ask for some cool animations in gaming in general, if ya got any. I love me some good animations.

Especially crazy when you think about it, because about 90% of these animations were made before 2014 or 2017.

Original RE4 probably has the best reload animations out of any game ever though, and they fucked them up so god damn bad in the remake.

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

Especially crazy when you think about it, because about 90% of these animations were made before 2014 or 2017.

Original RE4 probably has the best reload animations out of any game ever though, and they fucked them up so god damn bad in the remake.

There are some pretty good ones in RE4, yeah. I also notice certain games lose a bit of what makes it special when they are remade, like that extra touch of realism kind of ruins it. I heard they also got rid of that laser hallway, which had some of the sickest shit in Resident Evil history in my opinion. Destiny is always a joy to watch in terms of animation, from reloads to supers. I especially like the sniper reload, it's always felt so nice. Tommy's Matchbook is my favorite exotic as well, and the reload for that is so good. I always love tommy guns in games.

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
There are some pretty good ones in RE4, yeah. Destiny is always a joy to watch in terms of animation, from reloads to supers. I especially like the sniper reload, it's always felt so nice.
How the guns feel is the one thing other than brain worms that has kept Destiny alive all these years through all the other issues.

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
With MGS4 being my first ever Metal Gear game, the final fight against Liquid Ocelot has stuck with ever since I first played it. Sure I damn near broke my thumb from that stupid ass microwave hallway beforehand, but I still remember this part just as well. It just kinda pops up in my head every now and again and I have to watch it again.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
With MGS4 being my first ever Metal Gear game, the final fight against Liquid Ocelot has stuck with ever since I first played it. Sure I damn near broke my thumb from that stupid ass microwave hallway beforehand, but I still remember this part just as well. It just kinda pops up in my head every now and again and I have to watch it again.

How the fuck did you understand anything that was going on, getting into MGS after 7 games of pure autism and Kojima's writing style where everything and everyone are connected?

That is an incredible boss fight though, and one of the three parts of MGS4 that didn't make me want to kill myself.

Top Bottom