"Just stop being European. That would solve most of your problems."Pipkin Pippa
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Vidya Games Thread

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

God's Strongest Dragoon

So the Microsoft FTC Trial happened yesterday and a lot of info was casually dropped by Phil Spencer. He further reiterated that Call of Duty will stay on Playstation, despite retards not believing that statement after he's repeated it for like 6 months. Starfield was also going to skip over Xbox and be a Playstation exclusive before Microsoft bought Zenimax. And now for the most important statement that will surely get a rise out of one inmate in particular.

@Todd's Mistake
Phil Spencer stated that Elder Scrolls 6 is likely five-plus years away.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
So the Microsoft FTC Trial happened yesterday and a lot of info was casually dropped by Phil Spencer. He further reiterated that Call of Duty will stay on Playstation, despite retards not believing that statement after he's repeated it for like 6 months. Starfield was also going to skip over Xbox and be a Playstation exclusive before Microsoft bought Zenimax. And now for the most important statement that will surely get a rise out of one inmate in particular.

@Todd's Mistake
Phil Spencer stated that Elder Scrolls 6 is likely five-plus years away.

N
I'm pretty much checked out on Bethesda. Starfield looks mid as fuck, I hope they choke and die as hard on everything they put out in the next few years as they have with Redfall.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Ght Mother, grant me your blessing. I have work to do in Maryland, an impromptu fireworks display.

God's Strongest Dragoon

God this is the slowest tower I've ever scene.

Short

God Damn the Sun

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
There's an underrated channel that popped up recently by an old designer, and while he can be a bit of soy blob at times it's pretty good otherwise for game design. Dude is one of the driving forces behind Fallout and it's cool to see the retrospective on some of the behind the scenes shit.

Hope Pippa can interview him like Designer Dave and get him to admit he's personally stopping WW3 by soying on the Internet or something.

Joking aside though, if you want to get into game dev or artist dev for games, dude is a good source. He's also color blind which is interesting for some of the shit he's done.

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I was thinking about this, but there aren't many bad helmet designs in Bungie's Halo. I did trash on Commando for the sake of a joke, but it looks good too.
343 designs on the other hand...
haloreachoperator.jpgCommandosum.jpg
Halo4Hazop.jpgHalo4ODST.png

In no world can you say hazop was a good design in Halo 4 without me laughing at you.

Praid

Just another idiot
I was thinking about this, but there aren't many bad helmet designs in Bungie's Halo. I did trash on Commando for the sake of a joke, but it looks good too.
343 designs on the other hand...

In no world can you say hazop was a good design in Halo 4 without me laughing at you.
343 is amazing at getting all the resources they could need for a property that is almost universally beloved, and making something one likes lmao.

In other news FFXVI is pretty great. Maybe I'll write a review when I finish it.

Topo Chico

Drink Topo Chico!
As an FPS and horror fag this looks interesting:

A PvPvE a la EFT or Hunt. Time well tell if it's actually any good as it gets more developed.

Updating from my last post, BattleBit Remastered is an incredibly wonderful blend of battlefield with sim-shooter elements and the graphics of Roblox/low poly for some pretty dang solid frames per second. Graphics are love or hate, but for an indie game made by 3 people it makes sense to not focus on graphics and just deliver on the gameplay and oh boy do they deliver. Seriously, if you like FPSs, even very casually, check it out on steam it's only 15 bucks and you will be able to get more than 15 hours of enjoyment out of it.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Finally managed to contain my "explore everything" autism and finished the main story in Jedi Survivor on Grandmaster difficulty and did a bit of the New Game+. I have like 88% completion done and did the double Frog fight at Tenma's place in the story, so I'm quite familiar with the majority of the game's stuff. Mostly skipped the bounty hunters and a bunch of the Legendary monsters though. For the main game section, I just put the first letter and dashes for the rest of spoilery words so that those who know will figure out what I'm saying without having to worry about people accidentally hovering over an in-line spoiler.
>Story's pretty good with a lot of interesting set pieces. Really good pacing until the last 1/5th of the game, where the story and pacing stumbles.
>There is a lot more enemy types than I expected. This is great for the most part except for some of the Fauna, which are fucking AIDs.
>Quite a few of the boss fights are pretty good. Wasn't a fan of the final boss's fight though. The R----- fight is great though.
>The weapon stances and skills give you a lot more freedom on how to play (the B------ stance is kinda boring though). Most of my playthrough was with the C--------- stance and the Double-bladed stance
>Aside from the gayness of locking a good chunk of exploration behind abilities you get in the story, a lot of the side content is pretty fun. Phon'Qi Caverns is a definite highlight. The Holotable "auto battler/chess" is also pretty fun. Gardening is shit though and offers nothing but flavor text lore about plants.
>Game is still an unoptimized beyond belief on PC. Definitely get this on PS5 if you can.
>Overall if you enjoyed the first game, you'll like this one even more. There is some gay as fuck fights with creatures but they're pretty much unnecessary. Even the double Frog fight that Tenma went crazy about just nets you one skill point. For perspective, I beat the game with like 87 skill points because I kept exploring everywhere.

>"Party" Lightsaber Blade is just a random color that changes whenever you swing your lightsaber, it looks like a rave if you spam attacks with dual wield. So you pull out your lightsaber and it might be orange. You swing and then it's green, swing again and it's blue, and then so on.
>3 new perks that don't take perk slots, you can turn each one off whenever (Trendsetter, Warrior, Purity)
>Trendsetter randomizes your cosmetics whenever you die, dunno why they even included this.
>Warrior replaces enemy placement with more difficult variations. For instance, the first combat sequence in the game is suppose to be all scout troopers. With warrior, it's scout troopers with shields and some purge troopers. One enemy pack normally has a Super Battle Druid, 3 B1 droids, and a raider. With warrior, that pack had a commando droid, a Super Battle Droid, 2 droidekas, and a raider.
>Purity Perk is realism mode. You do massive damage with a lightsaber and enemies can kill you quickly. So getting hit by like 2-3 blaster bolts is death. However you can kill pretty much everything with 1-2 hits. For example, the first boss (Ninth Sister) has 3 phases. You hit her once and it instantly does the cutscene to put you into the next phase. Literally 3 hits and she's dead. It's very interesting but the novelty wears off when you kill any boss in 2-3 hits by throwing your lightsaber at them. Instead of a cool lightsaber fight with D---- when you first fight him, you hit him once and it's done.

>Single blade is the "well-rounded" stance and it really does fit that. All the skills you get for it really give you a lot of options in a fight. This stance really excels in boss fights.
>Dual-wield is the aggressive "overwhelm your opponent" stance (called "Twin" during development). You can cancel your attacks with the block button while in this stance. Not a lot of interesting skills. The "auto-parry" ability kinda sucks and has too long of a startup animation and the enemy can end up just doing an unblockable/unparryable. It has a shorter block meter.
>Double-bladed (Darth Maul) stance is OP against lots of enemies and blasters. It has a bigger block meter and a skill lets you auto-parry all followup blasters after you parry one. The skills are pretty good and it almost feels necessary whenever you're fighting a crowd because you'll usually hit enemies that are trying to punch you in the back.
>Blaster stance is a single lightsaber and blaster. Very few skills for this stance and some of those skills are "number" buffs like "bigger ammo capacity". You get ammo whenever you hit enemies with your lightsaber and there's a skill that does a flurry of hits to generate a lot of ammo. Pretty boring and feels like it isn't fully fleshed out.
>Crossguard (Kylo Ren) stance with little blades shooting out of vents on the side of your lightsaber. It has a bigger block meter and a skill causes blasters you parry back to be "charged" and do AoE damage, as well as stunning most enemies it hits, which makes it a good option for dealing with lots of blaster enemies. It is the "Heavy" stance: it is slow, has longer reach, and does a lot of damage. Quite a few cool skills for this. This shit dumpsters enemy block meters and once you learn to space against enemies to counter them for whiffing, this is a very nasty stance. It can let you do the "fuck you I don't give a fuck" to a lot of enemies. It has issues in some boss fights because of how slow it is.

Last edited:

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Anyone got any recommendations on cheap games to test a new rig on? I picked up an old Workstation with 64 gigs of ram, a xeon E5-2637 and chucked a rtx 3060 in it. So I want something to push the system and benchmark it, but I don't want to spend 40+ on anything (so no Street Fighter 6 or any of the COD games for instance)

I already have Tarkov, but I'm not fixin' on any MP games (other than Tarkov) as I'm using tethering for my internet at the moment. Also I must say, fuck file sizes in games these days. I can't wait to spend a day downloading Baldur's Gate 3

EDIT: Also are there any good typing games like Typing of the Dead? I only found a version of Mavis Beacon and its fucking 60 bucks or some shit. Why

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I mean if you wanna go cheapest route to test graphical games. Just get gamepass for a month and test latest games. You'd have a wide library of games to test on then. and only spend 5-10 bucks. Cancel easily and have more than one game to test with, so you get a better understanding on how it's doing.

I think gamepass also has that typing zombie game on it but i'm not sure.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Honestly yeah the gamepass suggestion is the most realistic one. There's classics that you can play to try and test the fidelity but more often than not they're too expensive since there's no sale going on.(God of War remake, Lost Judgement and Red Dead 2 come to mind and they're all above $40+ right now).

As for typing games there aren't many that are the same as Typing of the Dead. You can try the Textorcist and the Cook,Serve Delicious series but those are a bit weird.(Textorcist mixes bullet hell dodging with typing and Cook,Serve Delicious is more a muscle memory game than a true typing game imo)

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Anyone got any recommendations on cheap games to test a new rig on? I picked up an old Workstation with 64 gigs of ram, a xeon E5-2637 and chucked a rtx 3060 in it. So I want something to push the system and benchmark it, but I don't want to spend 40+ on anything (so no Street Fighter 6 or any of the COD games for instance)

I already have Tarkov, but I'm not fixin' on any MP games (other than Tarkov) as I'm using tethering for my internet at the moment. Also I must say, fuck file sizes in games these days. I can't wait to spend a day downloading Baldur's Gate 3

EDIT: Also are there any good typing games like Typing of the Dead? I only found a version of Mavis Beacon and its fucking 60 bucks or some shit. Why
What precisely are you looking to test? If data isn't an issue, COD:Warzone is a pretty solid testing platform right now.

There's always the most recent Tomb Raider game, which has a lot of testing done around it. Rainbow Six Siege. Fortnite. Halo Infinite. Those are kind of the F2P that have a lot of testing data around?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Epistory Typing Chronicles was decent. $15 right now on Steam, but if you wait a few days for the summer sale to start (it's supposed to start on the 29th), I'm sure you could get it down to less than $10. The same company has two other typing games that I haven't played.

As for games for testing, again, the summer sale should be happening in a few days, so your options should open up then in terms of pricing if you want to buy. Otherwise, I agree with the others for picking up Gamepass for a bit to test out. Hard to say what would I would recommend to test without any info on what you'd like specifically. Doom (2016) might be a good one, if you haven't tried that one and usually goes on sale for $5.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Watch cybershell if you like obscure trivia videos about old vidya

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Oh hey, Skullgirls got an update today.

That censored half the game, and CENSORED THE FUCKING DIGITAL ARTBOOK PEOPLE PAID MONEY AND KICKSTARTERED THE GAME FOR.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Oh hey, Skullgirls got an update today.

That censored half the game, and CENSORED THE FUCKING DIGITAL ARTBOOK PEOPLE PAID MONEY AND KICKSTARTERED THE GAME FOR.

There's also a second video with more changes.

I think the top Steam review, currently, said it best. The ESG update hit. But, like all post-hoc "sensitivity" changes, invariably they just make the situation worse.

Top Bottom