"I'm not Donald Duck! Donald isn't swimming! Donald...! I'm not the Azuki-arai! I'm not a yokai!"Oozora Subaru
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Vidya Games Thread

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
also not to double post but Atlus instagram posted trailers for Person 3 remake and a fire emblem persona tactics game.

I honestly feel we'll see a Person 6 teaser fall of next year. With the ramp up Persona projects in recent years.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
The Atlus video game company intern apparently leaked out P3's remake announcement on accident. I don't have an archive to the instagram post because it got deleted instantly lmao.
also not to double post but Atlus instagram posted trailers for Person 3 remake and a fire emblem persona tactics game.

I'm getting sniped RIGHT AS I HIT POST :painpeko::gunpeko:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Lies of P is the first true Bloodborne clone. Considering the base work is in the Public Domain and many interpretations lend itself to the world design, this is one of those times where the concept has an easy mode to land. Just have to copy FromSoft properly. I also know there's been both buzz and a lot of hype for it for a bit.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I honestly feel we'll see a Person 6 teaser fall of next year. With the ramp up Persona projects in recent years.
I think we've got at least another two or three more years of P5 spinoffs.

FrY-9LfWwAYpK_m.png

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Paradox is currently refunding preorders for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. Apparently Hardsuit Labs was the dev that Paradox chose for it but they fired them like a year ago and moved development to an unknown developer. Supposedly the product is still in development but they don't expect it coming out for a long time, hence the refunding of preorders.

After finishing the refunds, they should just then flat out cancel it and then the entire leadership of Paradox, and everyone involved in the development, should just simultaneously blow their brains out and be kicked into a mass grave. Stop wasting people's time and effort, stop wasting fucking money. No one is going to buy this shit now, anyone who cares enough to still be interested at this point is such a mouthbreathing fancuck they'll take literally anything and nothing will ever make back the money sunk into development to date. I'm certainly well past the point of having any interest at all both in the title as a TTRPG or a video game as well as most people I interact with in those circles and many of them are pretty normie without a ton of investment in the well-being of the property. Sell the IP and fuck off, maybe whoever has the interest in buying it will actually do something worthwhile but it's painfully obvious Paradox has zero capability to manage production for anything correlated to tabletop IPs and should stick to running their strategy games into the ground with infinite iterative development and $40 DLCs that add shit no one wants.

Still adjacent to the subject of games though, the FF7 Rebirth trailer. I'm dying if it's coming timed exclusive to PS5, no force in the world will convince me to buy a new console for one game but the wait for a PC port is going to fucking kill me. It might be foolish to get hyped, but Remake was better than I anticipated it could be solely for the new twist they've introduced in the story and if they're carrying forward with that kind of idea in the grander scope of the game I can only hope they don't drop the ball. They probably will but please god don't.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

@Todd's Mistake

Ah, I see you're probably a White Wolf fan. My commiserations. The weird part is Bloodlines 2 was really far along; there had been playable demos shown.

As for FF7 Sequel, I honestly think it's one of those games it might just be worth waiting until after the 3rd part is out. At that point, you at least know the platform it's to be played on. Because everyone is assuming the 3rd part will be out before the PS6 and not a launch title there, haha.

God's Strongest Dragoon

After finishing the refunds, they should just then flat out cancel it and then the entire leadership of Paradox, and everyone involved in the development, should just simultaneously blow their brains out and be kicked into a mass grave. Stop wasting people's time and effort, stop wasting fucking money. No one is going to buy this shit now, anyone who cares enough to still be interested at this point is such a mouthbreathing fancuck they'll take literally anything and nothing will ever make back the money sunk into development to date. I'm certainly well past the point of having any interest at all both in the title as a TTRPG or a video game as well as most people I interact with in those circles and many of them are pretty normie without a ton of investment in the well-being of the property. Sell the IP and fuck off, maybe whoever has the interest in buying it will actually do something worthwhile but it's painfully obvious Paradox has zero capability to manage production for anything correlated to tabletop IPs and should stick to running their strategy games into the ground with infinite iterative development and $40 DLCs that add shit no one wants.

Still adjacent to the subject of games though, the FF7 Rebirth trailer. I'm dying if it's coming timed exclusive to PS5, no force in the world will convince me to buy a new console for one game but the wait for a PC port is going to fucking kill me. It might be foolish to get hyped, but Remake was better than I anticipated it could be solely for the new twist they've introduced in the story and if they're carrying forward with that kind of idea in the grander scope of the game I can only hope they don't drop the ball. They probably will but please god don't.
How angry will you be if we don't get anything on TES6 by the end of the year? Like a 1 is "I've lost hope and don't care" while a 10 is "I'm going to firebomb Todd's house".

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
How angry will you be if we don't get anything on TES6 by the end of the year? Like a 1 is "I've lost hope and don't care" while a 10 is "I'm going to firebomb Todd's house".

Depends if Starfield is complete trash or not. If Starfield isn't dogshit I don't mind if we don't get anything this year but if we're not getting a release until 2025 I'm going to be a little annoyed. If Starfield is dogshit then they better have TES6 locked and loaded because if they stalled development in order to let Todd fuck up an entirely new IP's inception and it lands stillborn, then I'm going to be pissed they put it off for so long, because god knows it doesn't take them ~13 years to make an Elder Scrolls game in the state they're released in. Give me a brick of cocaine and the Creation Kit and I can make Skyrim 2 from scratch in about 3 years with slightly fewer bugs, an entire team has no excuse.

If Starfield lands, 3. If it doesn't, 9.
@Todd's Mistake

Ah, I see you're probably a White Wolf fan. My commiserations. The weird part is Bloodlines 2 was really far along; there had been playable demos shown.

As for FF7 Sequel, I honestly think it's one of those games it might just be worth waiting until after the 3rd part is out. At that point, you at least know the platform it's to be played on. Because everyone is assuming the 3rd part will be out before the PS6 and not a launch title there, haha.

It's a bit of a roundabout. Bloodlines 1 was a gateway for me into really biting into TTRPGs, I'd known of World of Darkness prior to that but hadn't looked too much into it because it just seemed to attract faggy goth kids (it does, but still), playing Bloodlines made me think that maybe it could be cool to try. Despite knowing of Shadowrun and D&D by that point, the first TTRPG books I ended up buying were WoD, along with Vampire and Mage books. None of my friends wanted to learn a new system though, so I ended up condemning myself to eternal DM status by buying the 3.5e books I could find at the time.

I was excited to hear there was finally going to be a sequel and hopeful that maybe a new Bloodlines game, given the travesty that some of the latest whatever-the-fuck they're doing with World of Chronicles of Requiem the Vampwolf faggotry anymore (thanks Paradox you fucking retards btw), would rekindle some interest in the tabletop and we can get a new set of books that aren't trash, but nah that's not possible. Video game adaptations of tabletop systems just seem to be cursed, even one of the more successful releases of recent times, Solasta, is technically SRD5.1 and not D&D official license, while one of the biggest public flops, Cyberpunk 2077, is also a tabletop adaptation.

Dicebros remain losing and I'm fucking mad.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Oh boy, the first lvl 100 Hardcore character in Diablo 4 died a few days ago after 82 hours of play because they got disconnected.
The reason for the disconnect?

They manually took down the servers without notice because they needed to patch an issue that prevented people from buying stuff from the in-game cash shop.
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes
1.0.2f Build #42192 (PC) - June 5, 2023 Fixed an issue that prevented players from successfully progressing through the checkout flow for purchases in the Shop.

Arznbae

wtf is happening
I'm currently playing a diablo 4 druid without looking up anything.
I'm hoping for an autistic grind to BiS or clear to it like PoE.
Then again it's d4...

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Depends if Starfield is complete trash or not. If Starfield isn't dogshit I don't mind if we don't get anything this year but if we're not getting a release until 2025 I'm going to be a little annoyed. If Starfield is dogshit then they better have TES6 locked and loaded because if they stalled development in order to let Todd fuck up an entirely new IP's inception and it lands stillborn, then I'm going to be pissed they put it off for so long, because god knows it doesn't take them ~13 years to make an Elder Scrolls game in the state they're released in. Give me a brick of cocaine and the Creation Kit and I can make Skyrim 2 from scratch in about 3 years with slightly fewer bugs, an entire team has no excuse.

If Starfield lands, 3. If it doesn't, 9.

It's a bit of a roundabout. Bloodlines 1 was a gateway for me into really biting into TTRPGs, I'd known of World of Darkness prior to that but hadn't looked too much into it because it just seemed to attract faggy goth kids (it does, but still), playing Bloodlines made me think that maybe it could be cool to try. Despite knowing of Shadowrun and D&D by that point, the first TTRPG books I ended up buying were WoD, along with Vampire and Mage books. None of my friends wanted to learn a new system though, so I ended up condemning myself to eternal DM status by buying the 3.5e books I could find at the time.

I was excited to hear there was finally going to be a sequel and hopeful that maybe a new Bloodlines game, given the travesty that some of the latest whatever-the-fuck they're doing with World of Chronicles of Requiem the Vampwolf faggotry anymore (thanks Paradox you fucking retards btw), would rekindle some interest in the tabletop and we can get a new set of books that aren't trash, but nah that's not possible. Video game adaptations of tabletop systems just seem to be cursed, even one of the more successful releases of recent times, Solasta, is technically SRD5.1 and not D&D official license, while one of the biggest public flops, Cyberpunk 2077, is also a tabletop adaptation.

The only thing published by white wolf i know of is the Hunter series (for games the reckoning, reedemer and wayward) and they also have a ttrpg game series (and books afaik), i think they share worlds with vampire (part of World of darkness) if you don't want the ttrpg side i recommend playing the games (if you can get them, i think reckoning is on xbox backwards compatibility, wayward was ps2 exclusive and redeemer is only on og xbox) i never played the ttrpg so i can only recommend the reckoning game as its the only one i played (still looking for a copy of redeemer that isn't a scam).

UberSoldat

So I take it Diablo 4 is good? Blizzard didn't mess up for once?

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

So I take it Diablo 4 is good? Blizzard didn't mess up for once?
It works and it's polished. If you like the genre, you'll probably like the game. It's more in the vein of D2. Story has moments, but it's very much a "don't think about it too much" type. Some really good cinematics, however.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
The only thing published by white wolf i know of is the Hunter series (for games the reckoning, reedemer and wayward) and they also have a ttrpg game series (and books afaik), i think they share worlds with vampire (part of World of darkness) if you don't want the ttrpg side i recommend playing the games (if you can get them, i think reckoning is on xbox backwards compatibility, wayward was ps2 exclusive and redeemer is only on og xbox) i never played the ttrpg so i can only recommend the reckoning game as its the only one i played (still looking for a copy of redeemer that isn't a scam).

All the Chronicles/World of Darkness series are part of a collective world that overlaps with each other, yes. Base WoD, at least in the books I owned, was just normal humans versus terrible monsters of the night but no singular collective of nasties, and was kind of more a survival horror themed experience where you're probably not expected much to fight against the night unless you're a Hunter, or a Mage. That's where Vampire, Werewolf, Promethean, etc. all come in, as they're kind of like expansions for the titular creatures and their place in the World of Darkness. Each book set working to more or less act as a separate little microcosm within the grander universe. They kind of all can operate as completely separate games, but they can all work together into one giant narrative. Hunter is a lot different run in isolation when you're just taking on random freaks like early seasons of Supernatural, compared to being set against routing out several Brujah deeply ingrained into a city's nightlife and the implications of what you know Brujah as being capable of.

The Hunter video games are old news for me, I played the shit out of them back in the day. I'd never picked up the Hunter books for the tabletop since I already couldn't convince anyone I knew to learn anything other than D&D, a problem that's only become more pronounced over time thanks to Critical Role brainrotting a huge audience.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I don't know why they waited so long to announce the Persona 3 remake. We've known about it for months.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Finished the Lies of P demo. It's actually quite long with 2 bosses.(3 if you count an ai controlled pvp fight)
Not sure what will be changed in the final game but this is what I got from the demo

>Art direction is great. Very atmospheric and interesting.
>Bosses are legit fun and cool. Really liked the 2 they gave especially parade master. The AI pvp suffered from backstab syndrome a little
>There's a mechanic near the end of the demo that allows you to customize your moveset/weapons between your light/heavy combo Probably the coolest thing they innovated on the bloodborne/souls formula. Plus the weapons you can combine can either look really cool or really stupid so I like that a lot.
>you can get music as a reward to play in your lobby hub. The one you get in the demo is amazing so do the sidequest when you find it.

Here are some cons that I didn't like too much.
>I had to block for most of the demo. Honestly this isn't too bad because there is i-frame dodging in the game but the dodge distance is too short(you can't dodge out of some boss combos) and it felt like crap in comparison to just blocking or perfect guard.
>Linear as fuck. Maybe it's because it's the demo/beginning of the game but the level-design and the map feels like I'm on train tracks toward each encounter.
>you get alternate moves/swappable robot arms but almost all of them suck compared to your basic punch arm. Maybe I'm just bad at the game but I found 0 use for the grapple hook and the copy of Nero's Overture had awful range. It looks like you can upgrade the arms in the main game so they might just be useless on purpose for now.
>Only select enemies weren't cannon fodder. I plowed through every combat scenario they threw at me that wasn't an elite mob. Maybe the health needs to be tweaked but it felt too easy

Overall felt like a great homage to bloodborne. Pretty excited for when it comes out.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

I honestly don't think Paradox is a good publisher/developer. At least for the world of darkness game stuff. It sucks, cause there's so much they could do with the IP. They can get the divinity original sin or pathfinder team to make a isometric rpg of the universe in its modern or ancient timelines. An fps game similar to The Darkness 1&2. A detective game with survival horror elements, where a new human detective works an unusual case.

I don't know, just spit balling ideas. It's just one IP I think that's being mistreated in the gaming sphere with things it can offer if love and focus was given to it.

EDIT:

Right after I posted this shit, I found an article where some Russian dude leaked two videos of gameplay from the first bloodline 2 game. The one we would've gotten in 2021 before they restarted the project.

Last edited:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
I honestly don't think Paradox is a good publisher/developer. At least for the world of darkness game stuff. It sucks, cause there's so much they could do with the IP. They can get the divinity original sin or pathfinder team to make a isometric rpg of the universe in its modern or ancient timelines. An fps game similar to The Darkness 1&2. A detective game with survival horror elements, where a new human detective works an unusual case.

I don't know, just spit balling ideas. It's just one IP I think that's being mistreated in the gaming sphere with things it can offer if love and focus was given to it.

EDIT:

Right after I posted this shit, I found an article where some Russian dude leaked two videos of gameplay from the first bloodline 2 game. The one we would've gotten in 2021 before they restarted the project.

I'm conflicted with Paradox, I like their strategy games well enough but their DLC practices are pure cancer and when it comes to Stellaris it feels like they've remade the game 4 times in it's life span so far. With how mismanaged Bloodlines 2 has been and how they had to strangle White Wolf over their last Vampire/WoD content I also don't think they have much business operating outside their map-painter niche.

I agree on World of Darkness as an IP that's been utterly wasted. To compound with the ideas you've given, you could have the investigation game be the start of a narrative, with a human detective following clues to a series of murders that suggests some paranormal monster behind it while slowly coming into contact with the secrets hidden just beneath the streets of the city. The FPS game could be the follow-up, either as an interquel or a prequel that is from the POV of the monster responsible for the killings, with the story filling in holes that aren't able to be explained from the human POV and setting up that there's more threat than just the one monster and it's been creating an army. Then you have the isometric game, wherein it could be either Hunters now on the trail of this monster now, or Vampires that are pissed that it's also been killing kindred in it's path of destruction, or some Mages that may have some reason to get involved, or even better, all three factions agreeing to work together to deal with this threat because it's affecting them all.

You'd really need some writing chops to flow it all together, but it's not impossible and I don't think there's many other series out there that could really allow such completely disparate approaches to the same world, but that's what I feel can make it so interesting. This would need developers with some ability to put out a game without fucking destroying it, so Paradox can't be involved.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Now people on Twitter are complaining about how the P3 remake looks. I could understand if this was a different remake, but not for P3. They  already released a remastered version of P3, and they could have just stopped there, but because they and/or the fans weren't satisfied with it they decided to do a complete remake. Who fucking cares if they're using the combat UI from P5?

Plus, it's not releasing until early 2024. Half a year at the absolute earliest. Do those retards really think they're not going to polish it up between now and then?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Now people on Twitter are complaining about how the P3 remake looks. I could understand if this was a different remake, but not for P3. They  already released a remastered version of P3, and they could have just stopped there, but because they and/or the fans weren't satisfied with it they decided to do a complete remake. Who fucking cares if they're using the combat UI from P5?

Plus, it's not releasing until early 2024. Half a year at the absolute earliest. Do those retards really think they're not going to polish it up between now and then?
This. I don't give a fuck if P3's combat menu was meant to look like a revolver's cylinder. That's not something that's really going to affect my enjoyment of the game. Plus, P5's menu structure was vastly superior.

Top Bottom