"First, enjoy the fucking huge BGM!"Shiranui Flare
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Vidya Games Thread

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
A Swarovsky hat mind you, let's be true.

Saturnus

haha it's unou

[a]
>ENTIRELY WITHIN LUMIOSE CITY
Is it over?
:whatastory:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I honestly don't remember much after Gen 5. Didn't play the Switch games, though I do have Arceus. Haven't played it yet. The last I played was Sun/Moon, and I remember getting constantly annoyed with them because the characters were annoying. But, I did really like the concept of region variants.

I'm definitely an oldfag with Pokémon. Still think Gold/Silver/Platinum/HG/SS are my favorites. I always hope for the series to get better, but I don't hold my breath. The last time I was excited for a Pokémon game was Black/White, and even though I liked it, I didn't spend much time playing it after finishing the Elite Four.

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
if that top-down shot of the pokeball shaped city is the actual full world map, I think I can see how this game would play out - but that would be speculation at this point since this is just a CG trailer and title reveal. either way, that's another 1000 hours of my life set in stone.

if it launches or is near-launch with the Switch 2, it's going to be a system seller regardless of what the actual game is, it's Pokemon

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Megas were like the last good gimmick too. Z-moves were fun, honestly. I didn't hate them, but there was nothing but seethe over them generally. Gigantimax or whatever was like combining megas and z-moves and ending up with less somehow. I don't even care about the crystal crap. I stopped caring about pokemon, but Arceus was a great step in the direction I like so I'm willing to give this a chance if the trailers are nice
Tera is actually a really good gimmick. Adds alot of strategic value and helps counter play far more then it aids 100% to 0 Rocket Tag.

Far less situations where the battle is over by round 3 still not totally gone mind but babysteps.

[a]
Is it over?

It's so over.
Lumious City is HUGE and given we seem to be playing street level I suspect the whole place to be full of distinct area's 1709075483573.png

Forgive the upload but i think it's warrented even in the mainline games the place was a TREK hence the cabs and shuttles.

They also had mechanics that affected the whole city and while it was admittedly pretty static (do a thing get a point enough points and items get cheaper new hairstyles and items becomes available)

my only disappointment with the location choice is it's not Unova's Subway.

God's Strongest Dragoon

[a]
Is it over?

Remember how everyone was super pissed that they couldn't access the full city when they got there in X/Y and had to wait forever to unlock it? Yeah, let's just do that all over again and make the whole game take place in the city so we can chop it up even more! Surely people will love this!
:smugpipi:
This is 100% going to be a launch title for the Switch 2 and the delayed release time doesn't give me hope, this is GameFreak after all. They're too retarded to do anything right, so it's going to be in a garbage state even with the extra year.

Jealous

Lurker

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
You guys are so quick to jump for new portion of ugly underbaked goyslop
:marinewhat:

Yuzu emulator getting sued
Wasnt there already a ruling about emulation and security features, or is this riding on coattails of right to repair debate?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yuzu emulator getting sued

Wow, the allegations that Nintendo's lawyers are trying to argue are wild. It's basically a "sue the car manufacturers for car accidents" situation as they're trying to assert that Yuzu is secondarily liable for people pirating Nintendo's games.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
You guys are so quick to jump for new portion of ugly underbaked goyslop
:marinewhat:

Wasnt there already a ruling about emulation and security features, or is this riding on coattails of right to repair debate?
because legends arceus was an enjoyable time so by logic the follow up should be at least as enjoyable.

it's not rocket science.

God's Strongest Dragoon

UberSoldat

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Lol

Lmao

Yamanba never lived through 2000s......
im not stupid i know on paper does not translate to reality. I was trying to speak generally.

If you want me on full Copium gamefreak will use it's year break wisely not just ensuring the stability of the next game but planning the next batch of spinoff projects smaller in scale like the DAYS OF YORE were even if a generation sucked we could look forward to the next mystery dungeon or pokemon conquest.

Rainbow me I demand them.

God's Strongest Dragoon

im not stupid i know on paper does not translate to reality. I was trying to speak generally.

If you want me on full Copium gamefreak will use it's year break wisely not just ensuring the stability of the next game but planning the next batch of spinoff projects smaller in scale like the DAYS OF YORE were even if a generation sucked we could look forward to the next mystery dungeon or pokemon conquest.

Rainbow me I demand them.
Sorry brother, no rainbows for you. That's not optimistic, that's just plain delusional.

UberSoldat

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Sucks, I would've loved to play it tbh
EA really squandered their exclusive rights with Star Wars. They have cancelled so many projects in the past decade. Two bounty hunter ones, one by the lady that made the uncharted games, KOTOR inspired RPG, and a few others. I remember as a kid the amount of Star Wars games there was and how diverse they were. Could've played RPG one with KOTOR, FPS one with dark forces, third-person with Jedi knights, and flying simulator ones with squadron. Hell even the rainbow six inspired commandos one.

Past decade just been a curse for Star wars, in relations to the amount of projects that been cancelled for Star Wars games.

Reference to exclusivity rights ending in 2021:

Top Bottom