"Is Stuart Little the guy that ages backwards, or is that Breaking Benjamin?"Rosemi Lovelock
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Vidya Games Thread

Zapan1984

i personally have heard of that Game from this video, Unfortunaly no playlist with all videos on Day before on his channel

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I missed this shitshow. Anyone make a good video explaining the situation?
Tldr: Game called The Day Before was supposed to be an open world MMO shooty RPG about zombie apocalypse. Releases and is actually a really bad extraction shooter. Game is REALLY bad. Gets shit on.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Fuckin Embracer bought all those studios and ips and then this is what happens when you release a couple of bombs.

And to think the Saints Row fiasco could have partially been avoided if well ya know. The game would have still sucked, but hey we are in an age where COD and Tarkov are doing well. Saints Row could have broken even if it wasn't for the "baggage"

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Fuckin Embracer bought all those studios and ips and then this is what happens when you release a couple of bombs.

And to think the Saints Row fiasco could have partially been avoided if well ya know. The game would have still sucked, but hey we are in an age where COD and Tarkov are doing well. Saints Row could have broken even if it wasn't for the "baggage"
I don't even think it would have been that difficult to make a good new Saints Row game. But then I don't think it would be that difficult to make a good Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 either. However, if a company insists on making a bad game, they usually succeed at that.

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum

UberSoldat

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
Enjoying Season of Discovery in more ways than one. Glad WoW general chat hasn't changed in 19 years.

WowClassic_lIttvIJysu.png

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Unless they're hiding debt in a subsidiary, their numbers look fine, though their revenues aren't anything to write home about in the gaming space. 100+ million total Revenue when a couple of games do that every quarter without fail. And Bungie is going through layoffs because they likely only did 200 million USD in revenue in a quarter.

I don't even think it would have been that difficult to make a good new Saints Row game. But then I don't think it would be that difficult to make a good Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 either. However, if a company insists on making a bad game, they usually succeed at that.

They seem to have a very bad understanding of any market they're after. They also had a massive development deal fall through recently, which is part of the tailspin.

Panko Enjoyer

Unless they're hiding debt in a subsidiary, their numbers look fine, though their revenues aren't anything to write home about in the gaming space. 100+ million total Revenue when a couple of games do that every quarter without fail. And Bungie is going through layoffs because they likely only did 200 million USD in revenue in a quarter.

They seem to have a very bad understanding of any market they're after. They also had a massive development deal fall through recently, which is part of the tailspin.
The problem for Embracer is that they spent way too much money on all those acquisitions (and they've made A LOT of acquisitions) and far too many games didn't meet their expectations, making their returns not as significant. Even if 7 of their games do ok, one of them bombing is a travesty because they don't have enough games popping off hard enough to offset that. For example, Valheim did very well at 12 million copies sold but it's a game at $20, so it's more like big name $60 game selling 3 million copies. That's not enough to carry Embracer through all the other fuckups they have going on. All it takes is a short chain of underperformers to really send them into panic mode.

Gearbox is likely one of their biggest fuckups because they bought that for $1.3 billion in 2021. The only noteworthy thing Gearbox has done since is publish Remnant 2 and there's a DLC for Risk of Rain 2 in the works. In their quarterly report for July-September, they stated Remnant produced 700 million SEK in net sales, which is 62 million EUR / 66.9 million USD. So cool, they need about 20 more Remnant 2-level successes to make back their investment. It would be a shame if a game were to tank incredibly hard in the meantime. Or I don't know, a $2 billion USD deal with the government of Saudi Arabia falling through (Savvy Games Group is solely owned by the PIF, which is a sovereign wealth fund of the government of Saudi Arabia).

Bronze

To no one's suprise. E3 is officially dead

I enjoyed watching it, but Geoff's summer fest does essentially same thing for me so can't say I'll miss it.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
To no one's suprise. E3 is officially dead

I enjoyed watching it, but Geoff's summer fest does essentially same thing for me so can't say I'll miss it.

From everything I heard they were charging more and more crazy prices for floor space at the expo, and with the advent of Direct to Customer presentations that Nintendo basically spearheaded, they didn't get their heads out of their asses fast enough to fix shit.

Stunned But Dumb

I will miss E3. I grew up thinking it was one of the hypest things ever every year and wishing so badly to go. I think it really petered out its last few years (I mean before these last couple ones of course) and I even felt like I was watching out of obligation. Nowadays, I don't even bother watching gaming shows, I just wait for one of the guys on a discord I'm on to post all the trailers and watch them at my leisure later.

Shame, man.

Tubedude

I missed this shitshow. Anyone make a good video explaining the situation?
i personally have heard of that Game from this video, Unfortunaly no playlist with all videos on Day before on his channel

Kira made a new channel for his more 'low effort' content since he's trying to make his main channel a more researched/produced video channel now. His second channel has quite a few more vids on The Day Before.

He kinda milked it, but the vids go over the small updates over time of all the red flags that this game was showing even before release. Unsure if there is yet a single concise video that breaks down the entire timeline.
Videos in order of release:

Post game release videos:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Mata eliminates a rat to enforce the Omerta.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
From everything I heard they were charging more and more crazy prices for floor space at the expo, and with the advent of Direct to Customer presentations that Nintendo basically spearheaded, they didn't get their heads out of their asses fast enough to fix shit.
Man, I remember when Nintendo Directs became a thing and people were like "who the fuck would have the time/want to watch this instead of an e3 presentation?" lmfao

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I thought E3 stopped making sense or being interesting after the 360/PS3 gen and the rise of the internet. Basically, it became what the TGA is now. I'd rather just have a direct type video or just random announcements, at this point. Good riddance

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I will miss E3. I grew up thinking it was one of the hypest things ever every year and wishing so badly to go. I think it really petered out its last few years (I mean before these last couple ones of course) and I even felt like I was watching out of obligation. Nowadays, I don't even bother watching gaming shows, I just wait for one of the guys on a discord I'm on to post all the trailers and watch them at my leisure later.

Shame, man.
Having to wait for E3 coverage in print in the late 1990s. It was kind of fun to be hyped for a month with no information whatsoever.

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
Enjoying Season of Discovery in more ways than one. Glad WoW general chat hasn't changed in 19 years.

View attachment 59789
I miss Barrens general. I miss Southshore rage. I miss raiding enemy faction cities and camping in the Deeprun Tram. I miss getting lost on the way to the druid water travel form quest and accidentally running/drowning my way all the way down the western coast of EK and finding Newman's Landing by accident. I miss the mystery of Northern Lordaeron and Quel'thalas. I miss RPing in Pyrewood Village and getting my shit rocked at 9pm. I miss stealthing and reading and screenshotting /say Lion's Inn basement and Silvermoon RP. And posting bad MRP and RPFlag profiles to laugh with my friends at retarded futanari shitting dicknipple Elves and Draenei.
Season of Discovery just isn't the same for me. I wish I could go back.

Arznbae

wtf is happening
I miss Barrens general. I miss Southshore rage. I miss raiding enemy faction cities and camping in the Deeprun Tram. I miss getting lost on the way to the druid water travel form quest and accidentally running/drowning my way all the way down the western coast of EK and finding Newman's Landing by accident. I miss the mystery of Northern Lordaeron and Quel'thalas. I miss RPing in Pyrewood Village and getting my shit rocked at 9pm. I miss stealthing and reading and screenshotting /say Lion's Inn basement and Silvermoon RP. And posting bad MRP and RPFlag profiles to laugh with my friends at retarded futanari shitting dicknipple Elves and Draenei.
Season of Discovery just isn't the same for me. I wish I could go back.
Have some quality vanilla wow nostalgia.
It'll never come back:pippasadl:

Top Bottom