"I know what's cool and hip in the town these days! I'm... I'm definitely not an ancient being that is... completely outdated and expired! I'm fresh! like... like... I don't know, I'm fresh and raw like a funky chicken cutlet!"Amanogawa Shiina
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

The Anime Thread

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
List of best animes:
GHOST STORIES DUB
HIGH GUARDIAN SPICE
BOKU NO PICO
CORY IN DA HOUSE
THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE
:ponrys:

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I think Mushishi is a good introduction to the medium, since it's both an amazing work in its own right but also one that benefits a lot from being animated and shows what the medium is capable of, as well as a style of storytelling that is a bracing change from the western formulas. Lots of amazing visuals but also very small human dramas that don't necessarily have tidy conclusions.

Kino's Journey: the Beautiful World is another great intro, although not as visually impressive as Mushishi.

Fentanyl Floyd

4 YEARS SOBER
No one's mentioned the absolute kino that is Chouetsu Sekai? Unbeliveable

This how you get people into anime

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
No one's mentioned the absolute kino that is Chouetsu Sekai? Unbeliveable

This how you get people into anime

It was a breath taking anime, really to die for.

Edit: Also, I'd like to keep building out the effort post list. Especially for overlooked animes, so just tag me in them, I'll even do a murderous cult leader section if I need to.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

They're even keeping the same voice actors from the games, which is a nice touch.

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast

Re:Zero season 3 finally announced. Supposedly covering Arc 5 and 6

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Anyone here read the manga Boku no Kokoro Yabai Yatsu? It's a well written shounen/shoujo romance that got an anime adaptation that started this past week.

The story is about a socially awkward chuuni loner and a clumsy airhead forming a friendship and later a romantic relationship. The author does an great job make the main character do things that feel very natural for an unconfident teenager (sometimes in ways that hit a pretty close to home). Also, unlike basically any other manga in the genre, there aren't stretches of chapters where things stagnate. Every chapter has some amount of forward progression (either in characters' relationships or in their growth as more mature people), and the author doesn't pull gimmicks where characters act like weird aliens who are unable to interpret social cues for the sake of preserving status quo or reversing previous apparent progression.

Something that mildly annoys me about the online discussion about the manga is there's a bunch of people who can't seem to figure out that the main character's inner monologue about being a future serial killer is a chuuni cope for why he's awkward and not confident in social situations. It looks like most people watching the anime caught on to it though, which is nice to see.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Anyone here read the manga Boku no Kokoro Yabai Yatsu? It's a well written shounen/shoujo romance that got an anime adaptation that started this past week.

The story is about a socially awkward chuuni loner and a clumsy airhead forming a friendship and later a romantic relationship. The author does an great job make the main character do things that feel very natural for an unconfident teenager (sometimes in ways that hit a pretty close to home). Also, unlike basically any other manga in the genre, there aren't stretches of chapters where things stagnate. Every chapter has some amount of forward progression (either in characters' relationships or in their growth as more mature people), and the author doesn't pull gimmicks where characters act like weird aliens who are unable to interpret social cues for the sake of preserving status quo or reversing previous apparent progression.

Something that mildly annoys me about the online discussion about the manga is there's a bunch of people who can't seem to figure out that the main character's inner monologue about being a future serial killer is a chuuni cope for why he's awkward and not confident in social situations. It looks like most people watching the anime caught on to it though, which is nice to see.
As long as it doesn't make me want to strangle the MC and his waifu like rent-a-girlfriend then it's probably good. FUCK YOU RENT-A-GIRLFRIEND

Edit: lol that MC looks like a woman, they look like a lesbian couple NGL.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

I have. It is nice to read series with actual character progression. There are some series that fall into the trap of weird/nerd MC and cute FMC where the guy just never changes (Takagi-san, Senpai ga Uzai Kohai, Akutsu-san, and especially Anjou-san, to name a few). This series and Nagatoro are some of the few that have actual progression of their main characters. Hopefully more artists learn from those series.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I can't tell which did what but either the Ningen Fushin anime fucked off and did it's own thing and sucked or followed the LN way more then the manga did and sucked.

what pisses me off is that the manga got canceled too just when the anime started airing meaning people like me will have no way to actually continue the story.

Highly recommend tracking down the manga which is paced better and far more nuanced then the anime.

Four people decide to work together under strict rules and treat adventuring together as business rather then friendship and struggle with maintaining that distance after they begin to like and respect each other.

yes i posted just to shill this series out of spite of the anime.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Just started watching Mushoku Tensei. It's the first anime that I have watched in a while. I'm not really a big fan of iseikai anime but so far I have been enjoy it. I'm on episode 5.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
I started watching Blue Gender a week ago. It's creepy and weird. But I like it. Interested to see where it goes.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I started watching Blue Gender a week ago. It's creepy and weird. But I like it. Interested to see where it goes.
What is Blue Gender? The last time the two terms came together in media was this:
1681019905221.png

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
What is Blue Gender? The last time the two terms came together in media was this:
It's 90s Terra Formars but on Earth.
So edge, much gore.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
This is a screenshot from within the first 30 seconds of Boku no Kokoro Yabai Yatsu.
bokuyaba_toilet_paper.PNG
Clearly it's the perfect anime for @The Proctor!
:toiletpaperroll:

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This is a screenshot from within the first 30 seconds of Boku no Kokoro Yabai Yatsu.
View attachment 19976
Clearly it's the perfect anime for @The Proctor!
:toiletpaperroll:
Pretty deep into the manga. Gotta say, pretty good, nice recommendation.
I like that the MC isn't some normal or even handsome looking guy who just has a weird hobby and/or is super awkward. MC is a fucking emo-chuuni-shrimp. I will say that waifu being that tall and *ehem* MATURE looking is kinda weird... and a bit creepy sometimes... Specially when she's taller than almost everyone in the story...
She's nice enough, I would've preferred a stronger personality and quirkiness other than "Hot", "Glutton" and "Aloof to the point of seeming retarded sometimes", but MC has more than enough personality to make up for it. I do like that it goes for a half and half of slice-of-life and actual narrative, where certain events are referenced and matter later on but there's still a very loose sense of time.

One thing I liked quite a lot was waifu's height and food mania being explained by her having a tall-ass chef dad, which I can relate to, having parents who like cooking definitely makes you appreciate food.
Overall, it's better than almost any other "looser gets into an improbable relationship with a bimbo" and it was a pleasant read rather than one which had me shouting at the MC the whole time and scoffing at stupid "oh whoops I fell into your tits!" gags.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I started watching Dead Mount Death Play, the first episode was pretty good I thought.
dead-mount-death-play-22896.jpg

I can't really talk about it too much without spoiling the twist in the first episode.

this shit

fuck it
Something good this season? I'm watching Mobile Yuri Bait Gundam and Magical Destruction but I have a feel I'm going to drop MD in the near future

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Something good this season? I'm watching Mobile Yuri Bait Gundam and Magical Destruction but I have a feel I'm going to drop MD in the near future
Jigokuraku seems interesting, Edomae Elf if you like otaku-based humor, more Kimetsu no Yaiba if you like flashy shonen swordfights.

Top Bottom